For the treatment of severe infections caused by susceptible Gram-positive anaerobic organisms, such as streptococcus, pneumococcus and staphylococcus in:
- Respiratory tract infections, such as Empysema, Anaerobes Pneumonitis, and lung abscess
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Intra-abdominal infections, such as peritonitis and intra-abdominal abscess
- Gynaecological infections, including endometritis, pelvic cellulitis, postsurgical vaginal infections
- Bone and joint infections
Clindamycin HCl 300 mg
0 to 18 Years Old
3-6 mg/kg every 6 hours depending on the severity of the infection.
18 to 65 Years Old
150-300 mg every 6 hours.
More severe infection:
300-450 mg every six hours.
65 Years Old and Above
Use with caution in elderly patients, changes in the frequency of bowel movements should be monitored due to elderly patients with severe diseases are sensitive to diarrhea.
- Antibiotic should be discontinued if diarrhea occurs during treatment.
- To prevent the possibility of esophageal irritation, clindamycin capsules should be administered orally with a full glass of water.
- For infections caused by β-hemolytic streptococci, treatment with clindamycin should be continued for at least 10 days.
Patient with Hepatic or Renal Failure
In patient with hepatic or renal failure, dosage may be reduced due to in these patients prolonged half-life of the drug in serum.