Levofloxacin hemihydrate is indicated for adults (≥18 years) in infections with susceptible microorganism, such as:
- Acute maxillary sinusitis
- Acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitis
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections
- Complicated urinary tract infection
- Acute pyelonephritis
Culture and susceptibility testing performed periodically during therapy will provide information about the continued susceptibility of the pathogens to the antimicrobial agent and also the possible emergence of bacterial resistance.
Levofloxacin 500 mg
18 Years Old and Above
Usual dose in patients with normal renal function (creatinine clearance >80 ml/minute) is 250-500 mg once daily. The dosage can be used usually for 7-14 days depending on the severity of the disease.
Levofloxacin hemihydrate tablet can be taken with or without regard to meals. Patients should be advised to drink fluid liberally.