Molcin 400 mg
Moxifloxacin is indicated for the treatment in adults (≥18 years of age) for the following infections, when caused by bacteria susceptible to Moxifloxacin:
- Acute exacerbations of chronic Bronchitis
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Acute bacterial sinusitis
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections due to polymicrobial infections in patients who are intolerance to alternative agents; caused by organisms known to be susceptible to Moxifloxacin
Intravenous moxifloxacin is only for patients that cannot take oral administration or have been clinically proven have to take parenteral administration. Consideration should be given of official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents. Moxifloxacin may only be used on prescription and under the constant supervision doctor.
Moxifloxacin 400 mg
Up to 18 Years Old
Efficacy and safety of moxifloxacin in children and adolescents have not been established.
18 Years Old and Above
The recommended dose for moxifloxacin is one 400 mg tablet once daily.
For the treatment of skin and soft tissue infections, it is necessary to initiate intravenous therapy followed by administration of 400 mg moxifloxacin tablets.
No adjustment of dosage is required in elderly patients.
Patients with Renal Impairment
No dosage adjustment is required in patients with impaired renal function (creatinine clearance < 30 ml/minute/1.73m²).