Molcin 400 mg
Moxifloxacin is indicated for the treatment in adults (≥18 years of age) for the following infections, when caused by bacteria susceptible to Moxifloxacin:
- Acute exacerbations of chronic Bronchitis
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Acute bacterial sinusitis
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections due to polymicrobial infections in patients who are intolerance to alternative agents; caused by organisms known to be susceptible to Moxifloxacin
Intravenous moxifloxacin is only for patients that cannot take oral administration or have been clinically proven have to take parenteral administration. Consideration should be given of official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents. Moxifloxacin may only be used on prescription and under the constant supervision doctor.
Moxifloxacin 400 mg
Up to 18 Years
Efficacy and safety in children and adolescents have not been established.
18 Years Old and Above
The recommended dose for moxifloxacin is 400 mg once daily.
For treatment of complicated intraabdominal infections and complicated skin and skin structure infections requiring initial intravenous therapy followed by oral administration of 400 mg moxifloxacin tablet.
No adjustment of dosage is required in elderly patients.
- The infusion solution should be infused intravenously over 1 hour. Rapid intravenous infusion of moxifloxacin should be avoided
- It can be administered directly or via a T-tube together with compatible infusion solutions
- If moxifloxacin infusion solution is to be given with another drug, each drug should be given separately
- Moxifloxacin intravenous solution should be inspected visually for particulate matter prior to administration and should be discarded if visible particulates are evident. Only clear solutions are to be used
Patients with Renal Impairment
No dosage adjustment is required in patients with impaired renal function (creatinine clearance < 30 ml/minute/1.73m²).